Do you want to give back to the community?
Looking for a Silver Award or Eagle Scout project?
Scout House Projects:
- Add a coat of poly to the main hall floor
- Add organized storage areas in basement for troops
- Acquire and mount a large flat panel TV to be used as a monitor for training, project research, troop activities - ideally with a cabinet to hide the TV
- Add Solar powered flag pole light
- Purchase 12 camping foam sleeping pads for sleepovers
- Removed trees marked with "X"
- Organize chipper/shredder for brush and trees
Everyday Scout House Maintenance
- Mow the lawn in September and October
- Rake leaves in October, November, December
- Dust the window sills
- Sharpen the pencils
- Wipe the kitchen surfaces
- Clean the stove
- Clean the bathrooms
- Empty the recyclable containers
Open Volunteer Positions
- House watcher: drop in from time-to-time to check the condition of the building and keep a running list of maintenance needs
- House caretaker: work with local contractors and house hero volunteers to organize and complete maintenance projects
Also see Troop Ideas for Community Service