Come join the Hingham Girl Scouts on July 4th
Girl Scouts, all GS volunteers, and families are welcome (and encouraged) to participate!
We'll be continuing the great tradition of kids decking out their rides in a patriotic manner to march in the parade. Bikes, scooters, wagons, strollers... whatever your chosen mode of transportation! We will also have an antique green truck to carry all our stuff and maybe a few girls.
All participants must incorporate the 2018 theme, "Cheers for Hingham's Volunteers!".
Decorations can include: balloons, streamers, flags, bunting, flowers, banners, etc. Please use your creative skills and go big!
We'll be meeting at Hingham High School at around 9:30. *Specific location details to follow*
All participants should:
- wear GS uniform (vest, sash, or tunic)
- wear comfortable walking shoes (i.e. sneakers)
- bring a decorated bike, scooter, wagon, etc if you'd rather ride than walk
- Riders must wear a bike helmet
- No motorized rides, please
- bring a couple bags of nut-free candy
- bring a basket or beach bucket to put the candy in: one that can hook over handlebars is best
- bring a bottle of water
- apply sunscreen and/or wear a hat
Girls are welcome to march as part of their troop, or individually. All the girls must have an identified adult marching with them. This is not a drop-off event.
Also please note, candy may be passed out but throwing candy is discouraged.
All GS participants will get a fun patch at a later date.
I hope to see a lot of you there!