Troops that want to use the Girl Scout house for regular troop meetings in 2016-2017, please read below first, then visit the Reservation Request sign-up sheet to select your 1st and 2nd choices.
Reservations will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- Troop meetings are scheduled in 2 hour slots starting at 1:30, 3:30, 5:30 and 7:30pm. Specify weekly, every other week or monthly.
- Plan ahead by submitting your reservation early.
- Leaders must be (a) registered Girl Scouts for the current year before reserving the House and (b) in good financial standing with Hingham Treasurer.
Free to Hingham Girl Scouts.
For other scouting organizations such as Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Camp Fire Girls and Baden Powell Scouting, we ask each group to help support the Girl Scout House either through volunteering or fees to help cover the operating costs.
Keep it Safe, Clean and Secure
We want scouts to treat the property as a place of their own, which means taking responsibility for keeping it clean too. Adults must leave enough time at the end of each meeting to have scouts complete the necessary tasks posted throughout the building including cleaning the bathroom, the kitchen, sweeping, vacuuming and washing floors. Scouts should leave the building cleaner than they found it.
Use of the fireplace or an outdoor fire is allowed with permission. The inside fireplace has 2 flues. Both must be opened for proper ventilation. The group must be sure all fires are out, ashes are removed, and the flues are closed. Girl Scout leaders must be lodge certified for campfires and adhere to Girl Scout policies. Outdoor files require notice to the Fire Department.
Girl Scout leaders must be lodge certified for overnight stays and adhere to Girl Scout policies.
Adult to Scout Ratio
All Girl Scout Troops are expected to meet the Safety Wise guidelines including the number of adults present and the ratio of girls-to-adults.
All groups are expected to report problems.
- For emergencies always dial 911.
- For major house problems (no heat, leaks) contact the property manager listed on the bulletin board.
- For day to day issues (no cleaning supplies) complete a House Report Form and leave at the bulletin board.