Welcome to the Hingham Girl Scout House
The Girl Scout House is a historic treasure located in the center of Hingham. Built for the Girl Scouts in 1930, it continues to serve as a meeting place for Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Camp Fire Girls. It is available for rent to the public based on availability and purpose.
- maximum 150 people - standing or seating in theater style
- 60 people comfortably at 10 rectangle 6-foot tables
- 40 people (Girl Scouts) for overnight - mattresses not provided
- Heated meeting hall
- Entry foyer for coats
- Stage with curtain
- Large indoor fireplace with double flu
- Kitchen with refrigerator, 2 stoves, small microwave, sink
- Main bathroom - requires 5 stairs for access
- Two additional bathrooms in basement
- 10 tables (6 foot)
- 15 benches seating 2 or 3 to a bench
- 40-50 folding chairs
Outdoor Fire Ring
Outdoor fires require permission of Hingham Fire Department. Girl Scouts must must follow all safety policies as defined by Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts.
Parking is available on the street but please do not park on the sidewalk directly in front of the house, which is a fire lane. Overflow parking may be found at Town Hall, depending on the day and time.
Across the street from the House is a playground, tennis courts, and playing fields. See Touring Hingham for local information.